I’m back. It’s been a few days. I was so gung-ho at first and watching my blog stats increase daily got me truly excited. I think I may be having a hard time because I don’t really know what to write about-the ultimate blogger obstacle I am sure. 10 posts in and I was feeling tapped. But not anymore. I’ve got ideas aplenty and plan to write more often as soon as work settles down.
I created this blog to chronicle my day-to-day life living in Bulgaria. I started it now, before moving to BG. because I felt like I had a lot to say and that I shouldn’t have to wait to move overseas to say it.
I honestly do not care about how many hits a certain post of mine may or may not get (it sure can be exciting though!) or how well my blog is ranked in the search engines. My intent in creating this blog was to simply express myself and share my journey with others. For right now that journey may not be the most exciting thing in the world to everyone else. Sadly, I am not able to move to Bulgaria right this very second (although I wish I could). So for the time being my posts may seem random or unrelated to my blog’s title, but who’s to say that my random daily activities aren’t part of my journey moving to Bulgaria? Every girl should know how to bake a rainbow cake* before living in Eastern Europe, right?
*On that note, my rainbow cake post has been my most popular (out of my astonishing 10 posts) so far. I’ve been wanting to give it another go for a long time, so watch for that soon!
Some other updates:
- It’s “Fall Rush” (beginning of another school year) time at work, which means I’ve been working LONG days, at least 12 hours. Maybe this is why I haven’t written lately?
- I joined a book club. Our first book is The Heart is a Lonely Hunter by Carson McCullers.
- V. and I have finalized our hotel plans for his visit in *gulp* 20 days. I am beyond excited to be back with him even if only for a short 10 day visit.
- Just last night I stayed at the beautiful Waldorf Astoria Park City with A. The room was great, pool beautiful (unfortunately it rained so we didn’t get to partake), and the service impressive. I would definitely love to go back for a longer stay.
- I’m back on South Beach Diet phase 1. I’ve “cheated” a few times, but I’m feeling great and losing weight, so it’s going well!
- Showed my mom how to make Shopska Salata the other night. I forgot how much I love it (minus the cheese of course).