I have spent the last few days living in a sea of shopping bags and suitcases. I haven’t logged on to my blog since Friday, not to mention looked through my Google Reader (my unread posts number 575!).
Here’s a little of what I have been up to:
- Friday: My last day of work. Spent the night at my aunt and uncles house watching old home movies and hanging out.
- Saturday: Got my hair cut, went shopping and spent some time with one of my best friends, A.
- Sunday: Took apart my bed and moved it to my aunt and uncle’s house for their daughter (my 5 yr. old cousin) to use. Had dinner at my grandparents house with the whole fam. Got to say goodbye to everyone (one of my aunts pointed out that next time she sees me I will be married. True and very weird!)
- Monday: The cleaning and packing begins
- Today (Tuesday): More cleaning and packing. Had some coffee this morning then proceeded to sleep for another few hours. It’s probably the last time I will be able to sleep in for quite some time. I have the majority of my things packed. I am really worried about the 50 lb. weight limit. I tend to over-pack, but I really don’t want to be hit with a fee, so I am trying to be good!
Tomorrow I have to finish up packing and cleaning my bedroom. I leave for the airport bright and early Thursday morning and will be landing in Fairbanks, Alaska Thursday evening. I am spending the night there and then it’s off to Healy/Denali (2 hours south of Fairbanks) on Friday. We’ll get into Healy in the evening with just enough time to unpack and say hello to old (and new friends).
Vince doesn’t get to Alaska until the 13th. Sadness.
My blogging will probably be sporadic at best for the next few months. Not from a lack of wanting to blog but from the lack of reliable internet access. Oh, and the posts I do put up will likely be picture heavy (if I can get pictures uploaded, that is). Alaska is just so darn beautiful and I am making it a goal this summer to learn to use my new camera.
Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the spring weather. Please stick with me and continue to follow this blog. I promise I will update when I can!
Talk to soon (from Alaska!).