Tonight, as a cool rain fell, It suddenly felt like fall to me here in Utah. I was lucky enough to experience fall in all its glory in Denali, Alaska and left just before the snow started. Now I get to experience it all over again. Autumn is my favorite time of year for many reasons, but here are 10 of them!
- The sound of leaves crunching underfoot
- Beautiful, rich fall colors
- The smells: spices, fires, yummy candles
- The treats: apple cider, roasted pumpkin seeds, caramel apples
- Busting out my scarf collection
- Snuggling up under a blanket and reading a good book
- Dark, dramatic nail polish colors
- All things pumpkin: pie, egg nog, lattes, cookies, carving them
- Trick-or-Treating with my cousin, Annie
- My birthday (26!)
And I know I’ve said it before (and will say it again), but… I can’t wait to spend next fall in Bulgaria! It’s getting so close I can almost taste the banitsa (cheese-free, of course!).
Hope you are all enjoying this time of year as much as I am.