I think the items a girl carries in her purse say a lot about who she is.
It’s a little peek into her world.
I don’t know what my stuff says about me, but I hope you enjoy this small piece of who I am!
1. The bag: Mossimo from Target. I tend to carry large bags. I am sure you can tell why!
2. Gloves: A must have in the cold Bulgarian winter.
3. Envirosax: I have 5 and try to keep a couple on me at all times. Not only is it better for the environment but most grocery stores in BG charge for bags. I never used them much at home but they are a god send here! Oh, and they are adorable, so that helps!
4. Random necessities: Hand sanitizer gel from Bath and Body works ( Twisted Peppermint–smells divine), eye drops for contacts, L’Occitane en Provence hand cream (this stuff rocks!)
5. Lip stuff: A constantly rotating selection. The ones I carry currently are a much-loved Burts Bees Lip Balm, MAC Cremesheen Glass (in Boy Bait), and a Philosophy Lip Shine (in Candy Cane)
6. Passport: Apparently I have to have this with me at all times in BG. I carry it around in a passport case I got from Claires years ago.
7. Camera: Carrying around my big Nikon can sometimes be a pain if I am just going out for a quick walk. So, I carry around Vince’s Panasonic most of the time.
8. Hobo wallet: Hobo wallets are my absolute favorite. They are a bit spendy, but they are very well made and last forever. I bought this one specifically for Bulgaria because it’s small and I knew I wouldn’t have to be carrying around my check book and all my cards.
9. Writersblok Notebook: I always carry at least one notebook around with me. It’s filled with random thoughts, little poems, sayings, ideas for blog posts, and lots of lists.
10. Sharpie pen: These are favorite pens. They write really well and are great for doodling.
11. Random change: Don’t we all have some change kicking around in the bottom of our purses?! I found U.S. change, Eurocents, and Bulgarian stotinki in mine.
12. Eyeglasses and Sunglasses: I wear contacts most of the time, but I always carry a pair of glasses with me just in case. And you’ll never find me without my sunglasses! My eyeglasses are Armani, my sunglasses are Coach.
13. A book: These days it’s Lonely Planet’s Bulgaria (great to have when we drive around looking for adventures–if only the weather would warm up so we could actually do it!). I sometimes throw my Kindle in my bag as well.
My passport case is starting to look a little thrashed, but I still love the thing! Not only does it have a cute travel-y pattern, but it holds my cards, cash, and boarding passes as well, which is super helpful when you are frantically running through the airport and need everything in one place (nothing is worse than standing in front of a pissy TSA agent and line of hurried travelers, rummaging through your bags looking for something).
And just because…
When I was in Alaska over the summer I turned in my Utah license for an Alaska one! Sure, I had to take the written test (twice… yep, failed the first time), but it was so much fun to get a brand new license from my new “home” state. Really, I did it because my UT license will expire when I am in Bulgaria later this year, so I figured I would just switch it to AK and not go through the hassle of an expired license–which in Utah means taking both the driving and written test again. Ugh.
Not only did the picture turn out pretty well, but it’s kind of fun carrying around a license from “The Great Land.” Never fail, when I have to show it to someone (outside of AK, of course), they comment on it.
I covered everything because I am paranoid and because it probably isn’t the brightest thing in the world to post my full drivers license for the world to see. Try and resist stalking me, k? If you can! 😉
Believe it or not, I carried a lot more stuff at home. These days I don’t carry a cellphone, car keys, house keys, check book, and most my cards (rewards, Subway, library, etc). And I don’t do as much shopping or eating out here as I did at home, otherwise my bag would be full of crumpled and forgotten receipts, parking stubs, etc.
Well, there you have it! The contents of my purse.
I would love to know what you carry in your bag–I’m just nosy like that!
Leave a comment or link me to your own “what’s in my bag” post!