I’m jumping on the “confessional” blog post bandwagon and am starting a series of posts with random facts about, well… Me!
A few of my favorite bloggers have done similar series and I learned a lot about them–which is always fun!
Now it’s my turn!
I’ll probably only do it for a few weeks (or until I run out of semi-interesting things to say about myself), and instead of posting these little tidbits on Sundays like most people, mine will be on Mondays.
Let’s get started!
- I am the middle child. I have 2 brothers; my older brother is 28 and my “little” bro is 25 (I’m 26, so we’re all really close together!)
- I’m a Scorpio, and while I don’t really believe in all that astrology stuff, I do fit the description of a Scorpio in many ways. Add the fact that I am a “fiery” red head, and it’s quite the combination!
- I was really gregarious and outgoing as a kid (read: I loved being the center of attention). I was in all the plays at my elementary school, including the lead (Belle) in Beauty and the Beast. But the second I hit Junior High I clammed up and never participated in any plays again, in fact I hate public speaking to this day.
- When I was about 5, I was playing in my brothers’ room jumping from their dresser to the bed. Well, one time I missed and my face hit the foot board. My nose split open, blood was going everywhere, and I immediately had two black eyes. I remember running into the bathroom and looking in the mirror but I have blocked out what I saw. I ended up in the ER where they stitched my broken nose back together. I still have a fairly large scar.
- When I was in the 3rd grade I broke my arm. My brother and I thought it would be a fun idea to climb the giant tree in our front yard during a wind storm; unsurprisingly, I fell out and landed on my arm. My cast was purple (my favorite color) and waterproof, so I thought I was pretty cool.
- I’ve had pets since the day I was born. In total, my family has had: 3 cats, 7 dogs, 2 birds, 1 hamster, hermit crabs, 1 horny toad, and countless reptiles and amphibians.
- On that note… I am deathly afraid of spiders (all bugs really), but not of my older brother’s tarantulas (of which he has dozens). I’ve held them and I think it’s their size that sets them apart from regular house spiders. They are more like little pets. It’s a subconscious thing I guess.
- My grandparents live in Nevada and my brothers and I would rotate staying with them for the summer when we were young. One summer I was there it reached 117 degrees (Fahrenheit) one day. It still stands as the hottest temperature on record for their city–I have a shirt to prove it!
- I have been best friends with the same fabulous girl since the 4th grade. She’s basically the sister I never had (if you are reading this, Hi, E.!).
- My first job was working for my aunt and uncle starting when I was 13. They owned a retail store (high-end baby clothes and gifts) and I only left because they closed the store down to start a family; I was 18 years old at the time. To this day I can’t stand listening to Nora Jones because we played her CD in the store on and off for at least two solid years.
BONUS! I found these pics in an email my mom sent my while I was in Alaska this past summer, thought it would be fun to post them here (and it’s only fair since I posted baby pics of my hubby a few days ago!).
Come back next Monday for more random facts about me!