Also known as the volume in which I embarrass myself.
1) Complete list of concerts I have attended, in order: ‘N sync, Backstreet Boys (twice–AJ was *cough…is* my favorite), Britney Spears, and Harry Connick Jr. (he was awesome). Only one I am truly ashamed of? Britney Spears. Because when it comes down to it, I loved me some Boy Bands growing up and I still love hearing their music to this day.
2) My name was spelled wrong in my 7th grade yearbook: Whiney. Yep. Whiney. Sadly, it’s a bit fitting.
3) I once got into a verbal fight with a group of teenage girls in a movie theater over a cell phone. Long story short, one of the girls sitting right in front of my kept texting and the light was really bright on her phone. I should insert here that I am a HUGE movie-nazi when it comes to talking/texting/crying babies/etc. I love seeing movies and get really into them and there is NOTHING worse than having it ruined by some obnoxious person. Back to the story… I kindly asked this girl to put her phone away as the light was distracting. She just rolled her eyes at me, as a snotty teenage girl would, and turned back to her snickering friends. I suppose I looked harmless to her. So she proceeded to open up her phone again and start texting. I lost my cool and pulled out my cell phone, leaned over, and shoved it, bright light and all, right into her face and asked her how she liked it. She jumped up and called me outside to fight and I said let’s go! Two of my best friends were with me and calmed me down. Never fail whenever we went to movies after that, one of them would bring it up and we’d all have a good laugh. Moral of the story: don’t mess with me when I’m at the movies!
5) Favorite song as a child: Bette Midler’s Wind Beneath My Wing. I would make my mother call radio stations over and over requesting it.
6) I have some pretty amazing party tricks, if I do say so myself. I can gargle a mean Inspector Gadget theme song, drink through my nose, and name every single country (in their geographic order) in Africa. BOO YEAH!
7) I once tried waxing my eyebrows and ended taking one of them completely off. In an effort to compensate I tweezed the hell out of the other one. I have been trying to grow them back in for years, but to this day they are all kinds of wonky.
8) True story: I have a cousin who went to school with one of Donny Osmond’s nephews. My family went to see my cousin in one of her plays (which Donny’s nephew was also in). This was around the time that he (Donny, not the nephew) was hosting $100,000 Pyramid on TV. So were all seated waiting for the play to start and me and my big mouth (a recurring theme in my life) start cracking jokes about him. How short he is in person, how lame his talk show was with Marie, etc. I was a good 5 minutes into my routine (I’m an amateur comedian, in case you didn’t know… 😉 ) when my mom leans over and whispers in my ear, “You do know he is sitting right behind you, right?” Well, my heart dropped into my stomach and I slowly turned my head and sure enough, there he was, Donny. Freakin’. Osmond. Staring me directly in the eyes with a pretty smug look on his face. I had to sit through a 2 hour play with him (and his family) sitting right behind me. NOT one of my finer moments, but my family still likes to joke about it.
9) I used to NEVER cry in movies. Didn’t matter how sad or touching it was. I was incapable of crying (only in movies, however, not in my daily life where I am a complete baby). Until, one day I was at the theater watching Ever After (love that movie to this day), for the second time, when Danielle (Drew Barrymore) asks the step mom if there were ever a time in her life if she loved her, and the step mom says to Danielle, “How could anyone ever love a pebble in their shoe?” I lost it. Cried and cried. Over that ONE line, in a rather mediocre movie (to most, again I love it). And why I cried when I saw it the second time and not the first? Who knows! Ever since that moment I have lost my shiz over sad/touching/cute/mildly heart-warming movies and TV shows. Take Valentine’s Day for example when I cried my eyes out for most of The Vow.
10) On my first trip to Bulgaria I got stuck in the restroom stall in the Sofia airport. Well, stuck is a relative term here. I am American and our public restroom stall doors typically open inwards. I had finished doing my business and tried opening the door. I kept pulling and pulling. Soon I began to panic. I thought the lock was broken or something and I didn’t know the language so I couldn’t yell for help. Then I hear this sweet little voice saying something in Bulgarian. I ignored it and continued to wrestle with the door. I was about to start crying and the voice just kept talking. Finally, the girl outside the stall pulled the door open and just looked at me like I was insane. I smiled like nothing had even happened and went to wash my hands. I learned that day that many restroom doors in BG open out. My excuse is that I had just landed in Bulgaria after a very long flight and I was super nervous/excited to see Vince for the first time in months, so I suppose I was slightly out of it!
Have some embarrassing tidbits about yourself? Maybe you have a thing for sexy John Goodman too? Maybe you know me and want to add something you remember? Let me know in the comments or link me to your own similar blog posts!
See you back here next week where I’ll likely embarrass myself further with a list of my favorite movies and books!