Continuing my “About Me” posts this week with Volume 4.
Thought I’d play it a bit more tame this week and list some of my favorite movies and books. Five of each sounds good!
- Amelie–this is by far my favorite movie of all time. It’s completely charming and heart warming with that bit of quirkiness that I love. If you haven’t seen it, I recommend that you do. Riiiiiiiight NOW! … What are you waiting for?!
- Robin Hood–yes the version featuring Kevin Costner’s slaughtering of an English accent. I have no clue why I like this movie as much as I do (I love most period movies when it comes down to it), but I’ve liked it since I was a kid. One time when I was sick I watched it four times in a row.
- Love Actually–not only one of my favorite Christmas movies, but one of my favorite in general. I love the multiple storyline type of movies and this one is probably the best. It’s done by the same people who did About a Boy (another fave).
- Cast Away–I love anything with Tom Hanks, but this one is one of his best. I don’t think there is another actor on earth who could captivate an audience without speaking for 1/3 of a movie, but he managed it in this one. And Wilson? Not gonna lie, I tear up when he floats away.
- Super Bad–I am a sucker for crude comedies and this one rules them all. I am shocked by half of it, but in that it’s-so-awful/gross-it’s-hilarious sort of way.
- Newsies–I know every song, dance, and character (well, most of the characters) name by heart. My BFF and I have watched this movie dozens of times and it never gets old. I am not a huge fan of musicals, but this one doesn’t count. Vintage Christian Bale? Not too shabby! LOVE. IT.
(couldn’t stop at just 5 for movies!)
It’s really hard for me to list my favorite movies as I am such a huge movie buff that they change depending on the mood I am in (except for Amelie, that will always remain my #1). I’m also a big fan of inserting random movie quotes into everyday conversation. I love when people get it and play back, but it’s a tad embarrassing when they have no clue what I am talking about. Thankfully, my close family and friends usually get it!
On to my favorite books:
- To Kill a Mockingbird–again, my #1 is a no brainer. I have loved this book since I was a kid. It’s one of my mom’s and aunt’s favorites as well, so I read it long before it was require reading in school. The movie is also incredible.
- Harry Potter series–yes, I am only counting this as one and yes, I am a HUGE nerd. I hated when the series came to an end (I may have cried). My favorite of the 7 is Order of the Phoenix. J.K. Rowling knows how to write, man!
- Chronicles of Narnia–again a series I am counting as one. Love all the books, but Prince Caspian is probably my favorite of the bunch.
- Pride and Prejudice–I adore Jane Austen and all her books, but this is my favorite. I love any adaptation of it as well, the A&E mini-series (Colin Firth… SWOON!) and recent movie with Keira Knightley being my top picks. Crap! That reminds me of Bridget Jones’ Diary (loosely based on P &P as well, add the books and movies to my list as well!
- The Hunger Games Trilogy–these are a recent favorite. I just finished re-reading the series to prepare for the movie release next month.
Again, picking my favorite books really depends on what I can think of in the moment as well. I love reading and don’t have a preferred genre. What do I hate? TWILIGHT! I read all the books (what can I say, I am a glutton for punishment), and kept waiting for Stephenie Meyer to learn how to write. It didn’t happen. The movies are just about as bad. *Shudder*
My Kindle is brimming with books I still need to read. I stocked up before moving to Bulgaria, but other than the Hunger Games re-read, I haven’t read that much here. I really want to complete #14 on my 30 Before 30 list, so I better get crackin’!
What are your favorite books and movies? Let me know in the comments!