I am such a sucker for these “About Me” tags and challenges. Came across this one on The Daily Visual Inspiration and thought I’d do it myself. If you have done it already or start your own challenge, feel free to link it up in the comments!
Let’s get crackin’…
(some of these may not be so secret to all my readers)
1) I hate loud music or noises. I have really sensitive ears so I never went through that loud, blaring music phase when I was a teen. Luckily, I found a man who hates it as much as me, so we are a couple of oldies in our car with our quiet music playing in the background!
2) Speaking of loud noises (*said in a Brick Tamland voice ala Anchorman*), I cannot sleep with any sort of noise or lights around me. I have to have complete silence and darkness. I sleep with earplugs in almost every night and even an eye mask every so often.
3) I am a big Josh Groban fan (aka, a “Grobie”). I sing at the top of my lungs to his songs. And contrary to secret #1, he is one of the few people I can stand listening to at full volume. That voice of his is beautiful!
4) I feel super awkward going to certain places alone. I have only ever been to one movie by myself and have never gone to a restaurant and eaten at a table by myself. I would feel like I needed a book or laptop or something to distract me.
5) I have a bad habit of getting very excited about something and investing myself (and my money, unfortunately) in it full throttle. Sadly, nearly every time my interest fades quickly. Some examples: many types of arts and crafts, diet and exercise regimes, and learning Bulgarian. I am working on this part of myself. I am proud that I have stuck with blogging and building my photography skills.
6) I am a Christian, but I do not follow any one denomination. I am open to all sorts of ideas and beliefs and am still figuring out my own faith. I do not prescribe to the notion that everyone must believe in one thing/ideal to be a good person. I value differences in people; that’s what makes us unique, after all! I think the world be such a boring place if we all believed the same things.
7) When I think about travel, I almost always think about other countries. In fact, I have been to far more countries than I have U.S. states. It’s not that exploring more of my own country isn’t important to me, it’s just that I find overseas travel more interesting. However, this has begun to change in recent years. There are so many U.S. cities that I want to visit and learn more about.
8) I am not an overly untidy person and in some areas of my life I am compulsively organized. But (and it’s a BIG but) my bedroom almost always resembles the aftermath of a bomb. I am a bit of a pack rat and tend to hang on to things that have some sentimental value to them. My room here in Utah is quite small, so it looks cluttered even when things are in order. Right now, however, it’s just plain messy! I still have my suitcase from Bulgaria wide open on the floor. I leave for Alaska in a week, so I figured it would be dumb to completely unpack and put it away only to get it back out and repack.
9) My parents divorced about 4 years ago. Growing up, a lot of my friends’ parents were divorced, but I never thought my parents would. Now that they are (and considering the way in which it went down), we all know it’s for the best and everyone is better off. I love my dad, but he isn’t the greatest person in the world. Luckily, I have an awesome mom and extended family.
10) I have extremely vivid and in-depth dreams. Some of them are pretty frightening (think Apocalypse dreams, all the time). This seems to run in my family as most of the women on my mom’s side have the same thing, we call them “Workman” dreams, as that is my Grandma’s maiden name. I can still remember full details of dreams I had as a child. Another weird thing, I can wake up and then fall back asleep and go back into my dreams. They are sometimes a bit changed but generally the same as before I woke up. It’s pretty cool, I think.
Well there you go, 10 “secrets” I could think of at this moment. Not sure how interesting they are!
Instead of doing this challenge for 10 straight days, I will do one or two posts per week. Once I am done I think my “Randomly Me” posts will be few and far between. I am sure most of you are getting sick of hearing so much about me!