Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been (and will continue to be)!
Monday I turned 27. Wednesday marked my first week back in Bulgaria. And on Sunday, Vince and I leave for a few days wandering around Rome before our 2 week cruise.
I haven’t been bored, that’s for sure!
Because I’m home alone all day, I often have time to take random photos of things that make me happy. Hence the start of these “little things” posts.
The weeks that I find I took enough random photos to whip up a collage…you’ll see a post like this one (in some form or another) make its way onto the blog.
I think for most people, this type of thing is what Instagram is for (random photos of everyday stuff), but seeing as I don’t have a smart phone and probably won’t for quite a long time, this is my own version of Instagram–Whitneygram?
Enough talk. On to the captions… *clockwise from top left*
- Cheap beer–A 2 liter of beer only costs about 3lv or so here (approx. $1.50). It’s not the best stuff I have ever tasted, but it’s decent. Oh, and did I mention CHEAP! 6% alcohol isn’t bad either (Utah friends you know why this matters).
- Dark fall nail colors
- Homemade tea–No idea what the two plants are. My MIL makes this amazing tea and sent us home with the ingredients after our weekend visit. You just throw it all in some water, boil for a bit, and BAM! yummy freakin’ beverage!
- Reusable ceramic mugs (for said tea)
- Travel planning (map of Rome)–I love it. Weirdly, however, I have done the least amount of planning for this trip compared to every other vacation I have ever been on. Granted, being on a cruise provides quite a lot of structure, so there is little to plan overall. Our plans? Walk. Take photos. Eat (buffets! room service! street food!). Lounge. Sleep.
- Wild raspberry jam–Picked this amazing stuff up at Bachkovo Monastery. I’ve been eating it on buttered bread all week. It’s too delicious for words. Definitely stocking up next time we are down there.
- Cozy slippers
- Birthday dinner in the city at Made in Home. Such a great night.
What little things are you thankful for lately?
: : :