I know I do a lot of these “About Me” types of posts, but I can’t resist adding another to the pile when I am nominated for a blogging award!
A big thanks to Sara over on The Daily Visual Inspiration for the shout out.
Sara, like myself, is a recent Bulgarian transplant. Check out her blog for lots of great posts on Veliko Tarnovo, her love of the Samoyed dog breed, fashion finds, music, and much more!
Here are the “rules”:
1. Thank the person that nominated you and link back to their blog. (check!)
2. Tell the world 7 things about yourself that you have not shared, yet. (below)
3. Nominate 7 fellow bloggers and let them know.
(I may be a rule follower but I’m going to break this one… I nominate everyone! If you are reading this and have a blog you want me and others to check out, please “tell me about yourself” and post a link to your post in the comments).
So… 7 things no one knows about me. Hmm. I am not a super private person (hence the blog), and I’m not about to go Post Secret on ya’ll, so these are 7 things about me that are not well known to those outside my close friends and family.
1. I am mildly allergic to bananas and avocados. I eat both, but often regret it. Bananas cause me to have a little trouble breathing and give me headaches. Avocados give me Angelina Jolie lips.
2. I already have names, first and middle, picked out for my future children. I am wondering how to go about the Bulgarian tradition of using the father’s first name as the children’s middle. So our kids’ middle names should be Ventsislavov (boy) and Ventsislavova (girl). Yeaaaah. I don’t know about that! Sorry, hun! 😉
3. I can’t stand Beyonce. No idea why. It started back in her Destiny’s Child days and continues on. She makes my skin crawl.
4. My biggest attraction in a male is nice hands. I love ’em. For the record, Ventsi’s are perfect!
5. I found my first gray hair when I was 16. I haven’t had many since, but I get one every so often and it completely freaks me out. I have heard that redheads don’t actually “go gray” they go white. AWESOME.
6. I don’t not believe in aliens and ghosts. Maybe it’s too much reality TV (Paranormal State is a particular favorite), but I find that adamantly refusing to believe they exist is a little short sighted, especially when it comes to aliens (I mean, how can humans be the only lifeforms in the entire universe??).
7. I have very little sense of direction. Years before I could drive, I remember asking my mom how people could remember different streets and addresses. She assured me that once I started driving it would be easy. She lied. I totally suck at driving somewhere based on an address. I am awesome with landmarks (tell me what businesses are nearby and I can easily get there), but give me coordinates and it will make me break out in a sweat.
There you have it. 7 more things you didn’t really want (or care) to know about me!
Again, please feel free to link up your own “Tell Me About Yourself” post in the comments section.